1. Why is that I am now more interested in reading Cook's than Autoweek? Please note, I still grab SCM, Roundel, and Panorama before Cook's. In that sense, I am more like my father these days. It used to frustrate me that he only likes what he likes, and never spends time on the other stuff. Is this a natural consequence of aging, spending time on only the things you know you like? I have no patience for another article about another Japanese coupe or American sedan. I just don't care, and you can't make me.
2. It is ridiculously easy to speed in a 996 Carrera. I can't imagine what a 997 Turbo is like.
3. My never-before-used, been-sitting-in-its-box-unopened-for-five-years, Valentine One seems to work fine. I decided to break it out tonight on the way to the Cape, because my usual ticket-avoidance method -eyeballs- doesn't work as well at night. Crossing into one of the small towns along the route, I learned the V1 works when it warned me of a cruiser well before I saw it. I wasn't actually speeding at that point, but I might have been. A permanent install is on my modifications list.
4. Tomorrow we lift off the hardtop from the Carrera for spring. Let's see how creased that back window is.
5. AG AG is really hanging on. He's moved from lying denial to lying forgetfulness. The next step is confession. Then resignation. Could we move it along, please? The guy is in so far over his head, it's amazing he can breathe. Being GWB's friend has really paid off over the past six years. I'm sick of the whole crowd, myself.